When you start playing with purple eyeliner, you wonder if it’s the right look for you. Most of us haven’t changed the way we do our eye makeup in years. Sometimes we still use the same eye makeup we used in high school. Well, it was time for an eye makeup change and when the purple eyeliner came through the door (it’s actually royal plum), it begged for a complete tryout. They say that purple (royal plum) looks better on people with green or hazel eyes. We aren’t so sure that is true, as our favorite Indian makeup artist, Israt tried it with brown eyes and she looked quite gorgeous.
Purple eyeliner is so gorgeous if applied correctly.
Here are some simple tips for wearing purple eyeliner.
Tips to Apply Purple Eyeliner
- Step 1: First apply your base primer over the eye or a light color shadow. Keep it super simple.
- Step 2: Use the felt tip and apply the line from the middle of the eye to the end of the upper eyelid. Make the line thick or thin, but keep as close to the lash line as possible. Apply the line from the middle of the eye to the end of the eye. You can also extend the line, in order to have a beautiful winged eyeliner, for a cat-eye look!
- Step 3: Now there are a couple of ways you can go at this point. You can keep your makeup simple and apply one color of eye shadow you like and call it simply beautiful and done. Or you can add a little #bellaglam with a darker purple eyeshadow in the crease to give your lid depth.
- Step 4: Finish both with black mascara or blue mascara (yes, the colors are gorgeous together).
Makeup Tips for Purple Eyeliner:
- Keep the rest of your makeup simple. Nude lipstick or a neutral color lipstick, or a soft pink would look best.
- Avoid applying too much bronzer or blush, and go for a softer look
- The focus of your makeup look should be your eyes! Purple eyeliner is beautiful, and it deserves to be the focus of your makeup look.
Keep it fun, keep it simple, and keep believing in yourself. Yes, you can wear purple eyeliner and you can wear them beautifully. Put a little purple in your life, and don’t be afraid to try new colors to change up your makeup look!
You can find our waterproof purple eyeliner here!