With a Waterproof Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen, You Can Cry
The felt tip eyeliner pen is fast becoming the rage among makeup artists and us makeup “regular” women. There are some definite advantages, but with liquid and waterproof, you can cry as gracefully as a princess. It’s as easy to use as a fine line sharpie and there is less mess than a traditional liquid eyeliner.
Liquid eyeliners are great for certain eye looks, but if you don’t have a steady hand, they can be tricky to use. Liquid liners can be slick, as well, so one wrong move and you have to start over again. The new felt tip eyeliner is as easy to use as a pencil, making them ideal to take with you for fast touch ups. The new felt tips deposit the right amount of color, making them quick and easy.
Advantages of Waterproof Felt Tip Eyeliner
- Versatile as a pencil and smudge-proof
- Dries in seconds
- Fast touch-ups
- Creates thick or thin lines
- Deposits the right amount of color
How to apply Felt Tip Eyeliner
For a simple top lid line, draw your lid taut and starting from the inner corner of your eye, line your lash line, wiggling slightly to deposit color between your lashes. Go over the line a second time making it as thick or thin as you like. For a thinner line, use the tip of the liner; for a thicker line, use the side of the felt tip.
Types of Looks with the Felt Tip Eyeliner Tutorial
- For a winged eye, draw the tip of the liner from the inner corner to the outer, making sure to get the color between lashes. With the side of the liner tip, turn the liner to a forty-five degree angle and draw away from the outer corner. Be sure to use the side of the tip for the wing so you get a full deposit of color. You don’t want a gap of flesh between the corner of your eye and the liner.
- For a cat eye, you want to follow the same procedure as for a winged eye, except don’t angle the tip of the liner as much. You want just a slight angle. After lining your top lid, line your bottom lash line and join the corners, making sure that there is no gap between the corner of your eye and the liner. You can use your eyebrows to help determine how far to pull the liner from the corner, keeping to the natural contours of your eyes.
Double wing tip
- To do the double wing tip, line your upper lash line as you would for a traditional winged eye, filling in to prevent a gap between the corner and the tip of the liner. Next, draw a line from the corner of your bottom lashes out so it is parallel to the upper wing. Line your bottom lash line from the outer corner to about halfway along. You want to now fill in the corner, joining the two wings and ensuring no gap between the color and the corner of your eye. Instant drama.
While the felt-tip eyeliner is easier to use, it still needs some drying time. And when they say, “Never let them see you cry”, you have no worries with waterproof ! And right now, get a #bellabeautysteal with your choice of black, blue or royal plum.
I’ve been called Nancy Reagan, the First Lady of Skin Care. And if you are old enough to remember former President Ronald Reagan, I’m also known as “NOT THAT” Nancy Reagan.
I believe strongly that the outer skin glow comes from within and that nutrition is an integral part of great skincare. Based on that philosophy, I started Bella Reina Spa, which is recognized as the Best Day Spa in North America with a team of 17 estheticians, massage therapists, and natural nail technicians. The Bella Reina website offers extensive knowledge on products, spa services, and beauty shopping, with a strong focus on vegan and cruelty-free beauty. Welcome to Bella Reina Spa! We look forward to helping you look and feel your best.