Re-Opening The Spa After COVID-19 and Guests Guidelines
Uncertain times with COVID-19 or also known as the Corona Virus have had and will continue to have unique challenges for Bella Reina Spa.
But just like all that we do, the guidelines for sanitation and sterilization at Bella Reina Spa exceed those of the recommended International Spa Association and follow our very own stringent quality control standards.
In the process of being closed since March 20, 2020, we shared updates with you, Facebook LIVE videos, vendor interviews, zoom skin care consultations, and behind the scenes videos.
Staying in touch has been a great way to keep you laughing and for us to know what was happening in your world.
And just like that, the Governor has said that we can open after Monday, May 11th, 2020.
And with that said… and you would expect nothing less, the following guidelines are being implemented for your welfare, health and safety.
- Eucalyptus Mint Hand Sanitizer : Spray hand sanitizer with our special Eucalyptus Mint Blend will be available in spray dispensers. They will be placed at key guest and employee entrances. This signature scented aloe based, rinse-free spray hand sanitizer contains a bright, refreshing blend of spearmint, fresh eucalyptus and smooth balsam which is uplifting and relaxing at the same time. In addition to the hand sanitizers, silver gel and silver hand lotion will also be available.
- Guest Arrival and Journey: Upon arrival guest will be asked to stay in their cars until their appointment time is ready. Upon entering, rinse free hand sanitizer will be offered and they will be directed to the front for check-in and thermal temperature check. Pens used for New Client Questionnaires will be given to the guest as a gift. At all times, guests will be advised to wear masks. With spa services, guests will be changing into laundered spa wraps. * more on that below
- Appointments Must Be Made: No Walk-in appointments will be available. Appointments need to be made in advance. Book Here
- UltraHEPA Air Purfiers: UltraHEPA FILTER remove 99.95% of particles as small as .003 microns. They remove 100% of particulate matter at .003 microns and COVID-19 measures at .125 microns. In addition the purifiers help to destroy bacteria, mold and viruses in the air. At the spa, we will have one large air purifier in the retail lobby area and smaller air purifiers in each treatment room for your assurance and piece of mind.
- Thermal Digital No Touch Thermometer: Points of entry will conduct non- invasive temperature checks utilizing thermal point no touch. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.0°F for employees or for guests will not be allowed to enter the spa.
- Physical Distancing: Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other people not with them. Services at manicure and pedicure stations will reserve every other station for distancing compliance. Facials, waxing and massage appointments are in treatment rooms with air purifiers.
- Hand Washing: Correct hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. All employees are instructed to wash their hands, or use rinse free sanitizer when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, eating, drinking, entering and leaving the spa facilities. After each hand washing, employees and guests are recommended to use Rinse Free Eucalyptus Mint Hand Sanitizer.
- COVID-19 Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with comprehensive training for all with direct contact with guests.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: All equipment, doors, desks, lobby to be sanitized at the start and end of each shift. Linen will be delivered and removed from guest treatment rooms in single use sealed bags. We will encourage paperless credit card transactions. Wipe all doors handles, machines in lobby after each client.
- Personal Protection Equipment: Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to all employees as well as face shields. Guests will be encourage to wear their own face masks upon entering the spa or as required by law.
- Treatment Instruments: All stainless steel instruments will undergo a 4 part procedure in cleaning including 1. Wipe and Rinse. 2. Go Into Instrument Tray with hospital grade disinfectant/sterilizer. 3. Remove and Dry on Towels. 4. Insert into Autoclav bags and put into the Autoclav. Any other tool used such as nail files are disposable and single use only.
- Spa Treatment Rooms and Stations: Treatment rooms will contain a small air purifier. Each room will be equipped with shields, masks and D-Con 30 Botanical Hospital grade sterilization/sanitation. Heavy table covers will be removed and replaced with washable alternatives. Each room and station will require a 10-15 minute wipe down after use. Not only will standard cleaning take place after every pedicure, but deep cleaning will happen nightly.
- Spa Amenities: All serviceable guests amenities including nuts, fruits and infused water will be removed..but don’t worry, we have replacements. Unfortunately (because of plastics and the killing of the world) we will use single-use bottled water. No self-serve will be available. Snacks will be replaced with single-use snacks. There will be no refills on beverages. Additionally, all of the magazines you enjoy like British HELLO, People and Vanity Fair will not be available until after Phase I.
We are delighted to be re-opening after almost 60 days of temporary closure. Please know that we consider your health and safety of utmost importance and a priority. If you have any questions or would like additional information on are COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, please don’t hesitate to ask one of our spa concierges or call us at 561-404-7670.