Our Classically Trained European Beauty Expert – Rafira
Here is my interview with our Beauty Expert, Rafira. Rafira is a classically trained esthetician and nail technician at Bella Reina Spa. She brings to us a wealth of knowledge! Check out my interview.
- Tell me about your training in Romania. You are classically trained? “Yes, I am classically and European trained. I received more training in Chicago at Georgette Klinger Spa. There I learned and became a beauty expert and I found that a facial is about the health of the skin. Good skin is not about the makeup, but about the body’s own health”, says Rafira.
- There are many successful Romanians in the spa business. Why is that? I believe that Europeans look at facials and skin health differently than in the U.S.A. The beauty business has been in Europe for a very long time. Cleopatra was the first beauty expert as she used to wax herself! I think some of us are just born loving the beauty business. In the early 1990s many famous people visited Romania to get treatments to stop the aging process. It was a big deal and facials were very popular. At the time, the jet-set was drawn to our little country. Famous people like Marlene Dietrich, Kirk Douglas, and Salvador Dali.
- You are a nail tech and also an esthetician, but I do know that you love to wax. What is your favorite treatment and why? I love it all, mostly I think because I love people. I do love waxing, especially soft wax.
- What is your favorite skin type to work with? As a beauty expert, I work with all types of skin, but I love working with clients to prevent premature aging. Stopping skin aging in the early 30’s – these are the clients I love to work with. It’s actually really simple for clients. They need to use proper skin care at home and have at least once per month facials.
- What is your favorite pedicure? I tend to be more focused towards the health of the feet, so I really like the Callus Pedicure, more medical pedicures.
Thank you for your interview Rafira, our Bella Reina beauty expert for facials, waxing, and pedicures!