The journey to create the Rosehip Argan Oil for the Face started in the massage treatment room about two years ago. A friend who travels internationally brought back a sample of this divine smelling blend of exotic essential oils blended in argan. One of our massage therapists used it for a face and scalp massage. A thrilled client wanted to buy it. After that scenario was repeated about 20 times, we started on the journey to create our very own Rosehip Argan Oil for Face. Our #bellabeautytips will help you learn all about the benefits of argan and then you will discover why we added rosehips.
Things You Should Know About Argan Oil for the face
Argan Oil Does Not Clog Pores
Argan Oil comes from the nuts of argan trees which grow mostly in Morocco. This nut oil is very high in fatty acids, antioxidants, and Vitamin E. The visible benefits of applying argan oil to the skin become very apparent as the skin glows. What we learned about argan oil is that it will not aggravate acne because it is non-comedogenic (will not clog pores).
Producing Argan oil incorrectly will reduce its benefits
You read about 100% Argan Oil and you think that it is pure. A low price indicates heated oil. Heating to clean it, kills the good benefits for the face. Cold-pressed argan oil is the best and feels soft on your skin. It will also absorb into your skin really fast. Some say that you can smell the argan nut. Using other essential oils like rose otto, geranium or sandalwood will cover up the smell.
Benefits of Argan Oil
Argan oil is chocked full of the same benefits as nuts. Fatty acids (linoleic and oleic), vitamin E, squalene (a moisture binder) make up the majority of the oil and the benefits are numerous. Because it is a moisture binder rich in fatty acids, it can be applied to the skin and not make the skin feel greasy. For those that have sensitive skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea, argan oil is excellent for adding lipid moisture to the skin without clogging pores or aggravating the skin.
- Fatty acids help the skin with cellular turnover
- Helps hydrate dry skin by increasing the lipids in the skin
- Does not feel greasy or clog pores
- Helps to fight fine lines and nourish the skin
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is just as amazing as Argan Oil, that is what they work hand in hand for that flawless, glowing skin you have always dreamed of. Rosehip oil is filled with skin-nourishing vitamins and fatty acids essential to your skin. Some of the many benefits of using rosehip oil on your skin include:
- Moisturizes: Rosehip oil helps your skin lock in its natural hydration and any produced oils. No, this does not mean your skin will suddenly become oily. Matter of fact, it is a dry, non-greasy oil, making it great for all skin types. Its moisture-locking properties are to thank for its anti-aging properties.
- Collagen Formation: Collagen is essential for firmness & skin elasticity and naturally, your body produces less collagen as we age. Rosehip oil is filled with vital vitamins including Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which are both essential for the production of collagen.
- Reduces Inflammation: As we mentioned, rosehip oil is filled with essential vitamins, one of them being Vitamin E, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to this, Rosehip Oil is fantastic to help calm irritation from rosacea, psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Reduce Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation happens when there is an excess of melanin causing dark spots. Since Rosehip Oil is abundant in Vitamin A, which is made up of retinoids that assist in the reduction of hyperpigmentation (an added bonus: reduces visible signs of aging with regular use). Rosehip oil also contains lycopene and beta carotene, which both are said to have skin-lightening properties.
- Reduces Fine Lines & Scars: As previously mentioned, rosehip oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, which are vital for the regeneration of tissue and cells in the skin.
All of these benefits and more can be achieved by using Rosehip Oil but you can boost its properties by pairing it with a carrier oil such as Argan Oil.
Rosehip Oil for Acne
Rosehip oil isn’t just meant for anti-aging regimens and to reduce dark spots. Rosehip Oil is actually very effective for acne prone skin as well. This miracle oil contains linoleic acid, which is beneficial to the skin as it locks moisture in and keeps irritants out. Since Rosehip Oil contains high levels of linoleic acid and low levels of oleic acid, it is a great natural alternative for acne prone skin. Linoleic acid helps reduce the size of microcomedones (the small acne blemishes) while Rosehip Oil’s retinoids help improve acne. Its anti-inflammatory properties also aid in reducing the size of blemishes. With all of these magical ingredients, you can watch your acne diminish without experiencing the drying properties of chemical products.
Rosehip Oil with Argan Oil
Rosehip oil when added to the argan adds to the effects of the argan oil for the face. Rosehip is actually from the seeds of a wild rose bush. It is very high in Beta-Carotene which helps with tissue regrowth and gives the skin a natural glow. When argan oil is combined with rosehip oil, it starts what is called the trifecta of skincare. This triangle of vitamins is the essential nutrient skin triangle with Vitamin A and Vitamin E being 2 of the 3 vitamins essential to nourishing the skin.
There is no doubt that argan oil for the face has amazing benefits for the skin. However when it is combined with rosehip oil, the skin benefits with nourishing hydration. The nourishing effects come from giving the skin nutrients and vitamins that it needs to create healthy skin cells.