Headaches Gone Right Now with Massage
Learning how to get rid of headaches with massage can be a gift to those who have them all of the time. My mom was always having bad ones and would constantly have to go lay down for the duration. If I had known a couple of these tricks back then, it could have helped her tremendously with the pounding and the pain.
Here are some of the ways on how to get rid of headaches with massage:
- Hydration. Hydration is key to helping a massage work for headaches. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water before and after the massage. This helps the muscle tissues to stay hydrated and it also helps the body process the toxins that might be causing the headache
- Head and Neck Massage. Use a headache relief aromatherapy blend and massage your temples, the back of the neck on both sides and work your hands back to the eye area. Use the first three fingers of each hand and lift up the eye area first at the brow bone, then at the top of the brow and then the end of the brow. Use firm pressure and small circles especially on the temples.
- Neck and Shoulder Massage. Having a neck and shoulder massage can help you get rid of headaches. Many headaches can stem from muscle spasms in not only the neck and shoulders, but even in the lower back. Often therapists will comment that the headaches stem from even hip and lower back muscles. If you don’t have a therapist, try using balls or a hard surface and lay on the balls to roll on your muscles.
- Acupressure Massage. Using acupressure techniques is especially great in knowing how to get rid of headaches. One of the major trigger points lies between the thumb and the index finger. Small circular pressure on the fleshy part of this point can help alleviate headaches.
- Aromatherapy. Mentioned before was using the headache relief aromatherapy blend. Not enough can be said for aromatherapy as your nose can actually alleviate the pain. With a special blend of oils, utilizing peppermint, lavender, cardamom, and birch, it can be rolled onto the headache spot to lessen the pain.
Of course, with any of these techniques on how to get rid of headaches with massage, you should consult your physician if pregnant or under doctor’s care.
I’ve been called Nancy Reagan, the First Lady of Skin Care. And if you are old enough to remember former President Ronald Reagan, I’m also known as “NOT THAT” Nancy Reagan.
I believe strongly that the outer skin glow comes from within and that nutrition is an integral part of great skincare. Based on that philosophy, I started Bella Reina Spa, which is recognized as the Best Day Spa in North America with a team of 17 estheticians, massage therapists, and natural nail technicians. The Bella Reina website offers extensive knowledge on products, spa services, and beauty shopping, with a strong focus on vegan and cruelty-free beauty. Welcome to Bella Reina Spa! We look forward to helping you look and feel your best.