When you think of “real” vegan lipstick, you think healthy and good for you. Actually good enough to eat, which is what you do with lipstick anyway.
Did you know that you apply lipstick over 2 Times per day that in your lifetime, you will ingest almost 4 pounds of lipstick? (makes you really think about your lipstick!)
In the cosmetic world, many lipsticks claim vegan while actually having other harsh ingredients like parabens and phthalates. Toxic ingredients hide in cosmetics and makeup causing allergic reactions. We see this every day as skin care coaches and estheticians. Because Nancy (“the” Bella Reina) is allergic to dairy, corn, and gluten sensitive, our lipstick had to be free from chemicals, vegan and as organic as possible. So read on to understand what makes a lipstick healthy, good for you and free from animal ingredients.
Why Choose a Vegan Lipstick and why Bella Reina?
Looking for an ethical, cruelty-free lipstick that will be chocked full of organic ingredients and good for your lips and you? The following points are key to finding a healthy, good for you, vegan lipstick; one that does not have harmful ingredients.
- Paraben-Free – Parabens are used in cosmetics as a preservative. Some research indicates that the parabens are found in tumors and that they advance the aging process. In addition, people who have dermatitis and rosacea may be more sensitized to a lipstick containing parabens. Therefore, it is best to have a lipstick that does not contain parabens. Don’t want your lips to age, nor do you want cancer from your lipstick.
- Cruelty-Free – The thought of testing anything on an animal is really repulsive. Test it on a human, we are the ones wearing lipstick. Last time we looked at our dogs and cats, they were not wearing lipstick.
- Petrolatum-Free – Petrolatum puts a total block (occlusive) on the skin or lips. This block causes the skin not to absorb moisture. So you are continuously re-applying a lipstick or lip balm with petrolatum. Why? Because your lips do not have oil glands. Lips need oils and waxes to keep them supple. In addition, petrolatum is not a renewable resource. For an even bigger reason, it is banned by the European Union as carcinogenic, unless the entire refining history is known.
- Phthalate- Free – Phthalates are plastics and when used in cosmetics they act as a solvent. Again, this has been banned by the European Union to be used in cosmetics.
- Bee-Free – Some vegans are okay with beeswax, but others take an aversion to it. Beeswax is a byproduct of honey bees. Beeswax can also be referred to as Cera Alba.
- Gluten-Free – Gluten in lipsticks occurs when Tocopherol (Vitamin E) is not plant based. The Vitamin E in Bella Reina Vegan Lipsticks comes from a vegetable and not wheat germ. Wheat germ Vitamin E will give gluten sensitive and celiacs trouble. The worst part of being gluten sensitive is changing your diet completely, but still having symptoms and not knowing why. Could be your lipstick.
Celebrities, Bloggers, Instagram Makeup Artists just LOVE Bella Reina Vegan Lipstick. WHY?
Because of the lipstick formula.
Dana from the Daily Fashionista loves the formula and calls the colors “date-friendly” because they allow you to eat, drink, and even smooch”
Celebrity makeup Artist, Maryam loves not only the vegan lipstick, but the our eyeliner too!
Now for the really good part – what makes our Vegan Lipstick superior to any lipstick on the market? Besides that it is free from all of the toxins and chemicals? Yummy waxes,
organic oils, and botanical extracts (good enough to eat) will keep your lips moist, soft, supple and healthy. All of the ingredients are chosen carefully from years of experience with esthetic clients at Bella Reina Spa.
- Carnauba Wax – Carnauba, the Queen of waxes (how fitting since we are Bella Reinas) comes from a Brazilian palm tree. It is by nature, hypoallergenic, soothing and softening.
- Candelilla Wax – Candelilla comes from a plant common to southwest Texas and northern Mexico.
- Organic Shea Butter – Shea butter comes from a nut off the African shea tree. Shea butter is used in our vegan lipstick because it helps the lips retain moisture. It also helps reduce rough, flaky skin on the lips. This is what keeps your lips soft and supple.
- Organic Jojoba Seed Oil – A liquid from the jojoba plant, this powerhouse oil is superior for the skin and especially the lips. The ability of jojoba to glide into the skin without feeling oily or greasy makes it perfect for our vegan lipstick.
- Organic Grape Seed Oil – A light, glossy oil, grape seed oil is perfect for giving you luscious, kissable lips.
- Japanese Honeysuckle and Honeysuckle Flower Extracts – Potent antioxidants used in traditional Chinese medicine, they give a nice fragrance.
- Gluten-Free Vitamin E – Vegetable based Vitamin E will help soften chapped lips in only 1 week.
- Mineral Pigments – Pure mineral pigments are non-toxic to the lips and when mixed with mica or titanium dioxide, the colors explode.
Shop Vegan Lipsticks at a Great Price
Why love our lipsticks?
- Created by an Esthetician and Makeup Artist, and New York Times Skin Care Coach that knows Skin and especially Lips
- Incredibly Super Fast Shipping.
- A Creamy, Buttery Lipstick With Gluten-Free Vitamin E and Organic Ingredients
- You Will be Shocked When Your Dry, Chapped Lips Are Soft & Supple
- Small Batch, Made in the U.S.A. With Love
- Knowing that Your Lipstick is Free from Harmful Ingredients
- Amazing Shades That Are Simple, Safe and Easy to Use
- Free Shipping over $49 Within the Continental U.S.
- Free Returns on Unused Products Postmarked Withing 7 days of Receipt
Bella Reina Vegan Lipsticks are smooth, luscious, and creamy. So creamy because you know it’s made with butter. Even better, the colors are amazing. Rich reds, simple nude the same color as the lips, coral that reminds you of the beach and pink that reminisces roses. Stunning choices that are simple, priced right and will keep your lips soft, supple and perfect. Our lipsticks have appeared in national magazines and on famous faces. Check out our favorite celebrity makeup artist, Justin St. Clair on Instagram. He uses Bella Reina Cosmetics.
Did you say Gluten Free?
When we set out to make our Bella Reina Vegan Lipstick you know that we could not just stop at Vegan. We wanted to ensure that people who have trouble with gluten would be able to use our products. When we developed our vegan lipstick we had to take it one step further and make sure that our products did not contain any of these common gluten containing ingredients that hide in a lot of makeup brands:
- Tricticum Aestivum (common scientific name for wheat)
- Hydolyzed Wheat Protien
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
- Avena Sative (common oat based ingredient in makeups)
- Wheat Germ
But what if you do not have a problem with Gluten? But the cute guy that you meet on the Ave tomorrow night is? Your night is certainly going to take a turn for the worse when you give him a kiss goodnight and he has an allergic reaction. The fact is that a lot of other companies sneak Gluten into their products and unfortunately none of them have to tell you. Remember if you are looking for Gluten free vegan lipstick you do not have to look any further than Bella Reina cosmetics.
A safe, clean, “good for your lips” lipstick at a great price.
Buy Our Vegan Lipstick Here
Pucker up and get your clicks going for Bella Reina. Remember, our lipsticks are cruelty-free, bee-free, gluten-free and chemical-free. We love hearing from you. Your experiences, what you are doing. Take a picture with your lipstick. Show us what you are wearing with your lipstick. Send us new shades you would like to see. Send us your photograph, with your name, address & why you love Bella Reina to info (at) mibellareina (dot) com. When we post it on social media, we will send you a surprise! Also, check us out on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ or talk directly with Nancy on Twitter.
Sign up for our VIP Bella Club today for great information, news and promotions.