In 2012, Nancy Reagan, Skincare Coach, was profiled by the New York Times (online and in print) for this unique service. It was truly a complete surprise, and resulted from an interview coordinated by HARO (Help a Reporter Out).
Here’s what writer Alix Strauss had to say after her interview with Skincare Coach Nancy:
FOR the last two years, Marlena Hall, a public relations and marketing professional has visited Nancy Reagan (not the former first lady, but an aesthetician with about 200 clients) almost weekly.
“I was skeptical at first,” Ms. Hall, 26 who lives in Boca Raton, Fla. “But after a session, I know things are going to be better. I’ve a plan, I’m getting solid advice and I’m setting goals with someone who wants to help me.”
Ms. Reagan isn’t a therapist in the clinical sense. But for many of her patients seeking skin care help, that’s exactly what she is.
“I prefer skin care coach,” said Ms. Reagan who has been in the business for 20 years, speaking from her spa in Del Ray Beach, Fla. “The majority of my work deals with women and self-esteem. That involves their face and their feelings.”
Ms. Reagan’s hourlong coaching sessions cost $50 to $250 (the first consultation is free), and might involve creating a strategy, setting goals, lifestyle reviewing, journal keeping, or the recommendation of topical products and treatments.
You can read the full New York Times online Skincare Coach article online here.
Being a great aesthetician and facialist requires a complete understanding of not only the skin, but what creates healthy skin. Nancy has developed questionnaires and treatment plans that help with most skin conditions.
Here are Nancy’s Top 3 Secrets from a Skincare Coach:
Secret #1: Analyze everything that you do for your skin in a typical day. What do you wash with? What cosmetics do you use? Do you use products that contain chemicals? What do you eat or drink?
Secret #2: Properly Assess Your Skin Type & Skin Conditions. One of the biggest issues, Nancy finds is that most people are self-diagnosing their skin or someone has told them their skin was a certain type. When in reality, the skin is completely different.
Secret #3: Communicate Your Skincare Goals to Your Skincare Coach. Nancy says, “what I see and what you want in your skin may be totally different.” Communicating your true feelings helps the aesthetician provide great treatment options and plans. It also helps you become your own skincare expert about “the skin you are in”.
Want personalized advice in person, Nancy has a facial workshop scheduled for Tuesday, March 14th at 6:00 PM. Of course, you will be sharing with five others, but you will also have the opportunity to enjoy a professionally taught facial for only $35. Tickets are available online only here.
Below is more information:
FACIAL and SKIN CARE COACH WORKSHOP
- A relaxing, casual, fun, informative and interactive 90 min Facial Workshop.
- Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about YOUR skin…and how to care for it the right way (from a Master esthetician)
- Identify your skin type and how to keep your skin looking smooth and young
- 7 tips for great-looking skin, featuring the pressure-point facial yoga facelift
- Learn how lifestyle and nutrition affects the skin from the inside out
- Enjoy a professionally taught facial including cleansing, toning, exfoliation, mask, serum and moisturizer with UV
- Relax with a 5 minute shoulder & neck massage and a warm herbal neck wrapper
- Receive a $25 Gift Card towards Your Next Spa Service
- Relax and enjoy a cucumber spritzer.
- Bring 5 friends and your Facial workshop is free.
Facial Workshop and SkinCare Coach Tips & Topics Include:
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Laxity and Sagging of the Skin
- Congested or Enlarged pores
- Sensitive or Reactive Skin
- Acids and Enzymes
- Adult onset acne
- Menopausal skin changes
- Sunscreen and UV analysis
- Serums, peptides, vitamins…..and so much more!!
Instructor & Skin Care Coach:
Skin Care Coach: Nancy Reagan. Creator of Bella Reina Spa®
Master Esthetician, Acne and Anti-Aging Esthetician, Nutrition and Makeup Certified. Heralded by the New York Times as a Skin Care Coach. Developed Bella Reina® organic skin care and vegan makeup.